because sometimes you can't turn the volume knob down

Saturday, April 12, 2008

welcome

After careful consideration and some advice, I've decided to start a music blog, just like everyone who dreams of the "golden gates" of Brooklyn* and reads too much Pitchfork. After enough drunken rants about post punk's dissonance and "angular guitars" (a cliche I love dearly), the shameless simplicity of Foreigner and why !!! will outlive the indie-dance-punk surge, I've decided to make my rants legit.
I'll probably post album reviews, show reviews, serious discourse about music trends, pet peeves, likes, dislikes, hopes, dream and my favorite color. (It's neon green) So, let the show begin....



Living the dream,
Whitney




*Sarcasm does not transcend the digital word well, so bear with me.

No comments: